- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon.
- Stir in milk and egg until just combined.
- Fold apple into dough.
- Pour oil into skillet so that it is approximately 1 1/2 deep.
- Heat oil on high.
- Oil is ready when a little dough thrown in floats to top.
- Carefully add dough to oil in heaping teaspoons.
- Cook until brown, about 2 minutes, then flip.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes, until both sides are browned.
- Transfer briefly to paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Make glaze by stirring milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over apple fritters.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes for glaze to harden, then flip fritters and drizzle glaze over the other side.
- Best served warm.